All the news that’s fit to sprint…
- If you can learn to do a one-armed plank in the land of the blind, you’re ahead of the game (or so the modified saying goes).
- The taper struggle is real, so here are some basic guidelines on how to structure those last 2-3 weeks.
- A helpful reminder about the long run.
- Dat ass, tho…
Names and Faces
- Blake Russell: bad ass.
- Meb is just like, “Shit, man. Watch my feet.” (No, but seriously. He has some awesome perspective on sport, goals, and growing older.)
- Let’s Run breaks down the newest maybe doping scandal: L-carnitine, Nike Oregon Project, and Salazar.
Races and Places
- Alexi Pappas took home first in Chicago’s annual Shamrock Shuffle, which officially opens race season for this cold-ass city. We’ll forgive her for choosing Giordanos over the far-superior Lou Malnatis…
- The World Cross Country Championships took place in China this weekend, but the US athletes were all like, “Ehhh, nah.” What I found really kind of uncomfortable was Jordan Hasay’s genuine sadness about being told that cross country is essentially off limits to Salazar’s athletes.
- That being said, here is a recap and some pics of the folks who were there.
Jam of the Week
George Ezra, who is basically a new Rick Astley and was a total stranger to me until this week’s SNL performance, kind of killed it. I’m still confused, but this was stuck in my head for the better part of Sunday.